Thursday, August 19, 2021

Returning to College

Well, I've made up my mind. I'm returning to college. A part of me wants to get that vocational certificate for cybersecurity, but another part of me wants to study enviromental science at some point. Maybe that's what I'm going to end up getting my 4 year degree for.

There haven't been a whole lot of posts here for some time. I've been keeping a journal and I have to say some of my dreams have been weird. Also I've been looking up addresses I've visited in the past on Google Maps. I think I mentioned Ruth Smith either here or on my private journal, but I remember weeding for her out at the house on Denker Rd. She offered to be my grandmother in the past but I got unreasonably offended by the offer. See, I never knew my grandparents very well, they all died before I was old enough to remember their faces. All I have to remember one of them by was the stuffed Giraffe I kept that my grandmother gave me, but I can't remember if it was from my mother or father's side. In any case, I kept it as a cherished memento. Getting back on track though, when she had that fatal head injury from falling down the stairs, I never ended up going to her wake or funeral...

That wouldn't be the first time either... I never paid my last respects to Louise Newby either. She was another friend of the family. When I was in grade school, I was sick when she came to pick me up because my mom was busy. She offered me some split pea soup but I didn't end up eating it... After that point she got on my case about eating my vegetables EVERY single time I saw her. The last time we spoke was in the hospital. I came to visit her but it was apparent she wasn't long for this world, I had a feeling in my gut about that. But I never went to her funeral either...

One of these days I should buy flowers for both of them. Maybe something that says "I'm sorry." or "I haven't forgotten." I'm no expert in the language of flowers but this is the only way I'm going to pay my last respects to those women who have been there for me when I needed them, whether I realized it or not. It's the least I could do.

I had something else I wanted to write about but I forgot. I did a lot of adulting today and never got the chance to have any fun. But it's too late, I'm already ready to go to bed, this job has me going to bed early in the evening just to keep a schedule. I'm hoping eventually I'll be able to work daytime again, this is going to be an enormous strain on my social life. Anyway this is peace out for now. See you guys on the next post. Maybe my thoughts will be more coherent and not so "stream of consciousness" this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment